About this property
Sir Winston Churchill once said, ‘we shape our buildings, thereafter they shape us’. It is a statement perhaps written with the Old War Office in mind.
Standing proudly on Whitehall, alongside London’s great ceremonial route, this is a building that shaped not just a nation, but the world.
Behind the Edwardian Baroque architecture and ornate Portland stone façades rests a place where great statesmen, brilliant minds and tacticians made choices that altered the course of human history.
And now, today, we find new change. Not by the actions borne from its great alabaster halls, but to the very building itself. Put simply, it now becomes The OWO. A place worthy of those who graced its grandeur in earlier times. With unmatched elegance, calm and security, it will give rise to a collection of homes without equal – The OWO Residences by Raffles.
Its hallowed rooms will host world-class dining, bars and experiences, complete with London’s first Raffles Hotel. A place full of life and great joy, home only to a select few. A fitting tribute to its extraordinary history.
- The OWO occupies a privileged position on Whitehall, at the eastern edge of St James’s. Strolling its broad pavements is to experience days of old; a throwback to London’s regency grandeur.
- It is home to some of the city’s most established specialist shops, well-versed in serving royalty, alongside venerable institutions: from Christie’s and the Royal Academy, to innumerable members’ clubs.
- Today, the old guard is joined by a new generation of restaurants, boutiques, galleries and clubs, from White Cube to the cutting-edge Dover Street Market.
- This is one of the world’s few great places that remain untouched by generic luxury. It is all the more precious for it.
- Please note, all images are computer generated and indicative only.
- Tenure = Leasehold