About this property
St Marys House is a substantial villa styled property, extending to 4,884 sq ft constructed with Cambridge brick elevations and tall sash windows beneath a slate roof and includes a well appointed separate annexe/guest suite (extending to 1,670 sq ft). The property has well laid out and flexible family accommodation laid out over four floors and is accessed via a portico entrance into a long and wide reception hallway with an impressive staircase rising to the upper floors.
The basement accommodation comprises a large cinema room with a projector and screen and games room/gymnasium with mirrored walls and changing rooms.
At ground level is a superb drawing and sitting room, both have impressive marble fireplace surrounds, French doors to the rear garden and original ceiling roses. The sitting room extends beyond two tall pillars into the dining room which has a large glazed lantern and French doors. To the front of the house is a playroom/library or snug with book-shelving along with a WC. The reception rooms all have engineered oak herringbone flooring and underfloor heating.
The kitchen/breakfast room has been fitted by high end Roundhouse Kitchens of London and comprises a comprehensive range of painted timber cabinetry in two shades of blue with stainless steel working surfaces. There is a central island topped with 80mm quartz along with a large walnut breakfast bar to the far end for four diners. There are integrated appliances including a large 70-30 American styled fridge and freezer, Gaggenau coffee machine, Miele and Fisher and Paykel dishwashers, and a wide five burner La Cornue cooking range with twin ovens. There is a wide larder cupboard with twin doors along with an additional glazed pantry booth. There is wide oak floor that extends into the utility room and in turn leads to the rear garden and to the front a long side entrance/boot room.
At first floor are three fabulous bedrooms, the principal two have built in wardrobes and a dual aspect, and the main bedroom has a concealed access to an en suite shower room comprising a Toto wall hung WC and twin stone wash basins along with marble tiled floor and walls. The family bathroom is fantastic, fitted with central feature bath tub, a wide Duravit trough wash basin and an oversized shower wet area, all of which is fully tiled in marble. At second floor are two further large double rooms with dormer sash windows and skylights which share a second family bathroom, again similarly styled with Toto and Duravit sanitary ware, separate bath and shower cubicle.
The remainder of the house can be seen in the attached floorplans and the property benefits from a twin Veissmann boiler central heating system, air conditioning and comprehensively upgraded electrical and WIFI connectivity.
Along the High Street there is a walled courtyard garden which can be accessed via the snug, kitchen and side boot room. To the rear is a fabulous formal walled garden with central lawn, an avenue of pleated trees and two full width terraces providing ample space for entertaining and outside dining.
Stone steps, with useful storage and access to the parking area under, leads to a superb self-contained annexe/guest suite. The sitting room is vaulted and has oak herringbone flooring, an exposed brick feature chimney breast and kitchen area, fitted with wood block work surfaces and a range of cupboards along with a Bosch oven and induction hob, and an under counter fridge. There is a large double bedroom, again vaulted, with views into the garden along and a shower room with oversized shower and similarly styled to the other bathrooms.
There is an automated sliding gate accessed from Alpha Terrace which leads to an extensive parking courtyard and three covered car parking spaces along with concealed cycle and bins storage and a wood/fuel store. A locked gate accesses the garden and to the left is a useful garden tool store and separate gardeners WC and dog shower area.
- Trumpington lies just 2 miles south of the historic Cambridge city centre and is well served in terms of everyday shopping facilities which include a large Waitrose supermarket, a parade of shops, John Lewis collection depot and a petrol station/store. There are two popular pubs which both serve food along with a restaurant within the village.
- Independent schools for all age groups are available in Cambridge city including St Marys, The Perse, St Faith’s and The Leys along or just off Trumpington Road/Street which can be reached via a designated cycle route into Cambridge. There are two primary schools in Trumpington which feed into the recently opened Trumpington Community College.
- There are many open public spaces in the vicinity including those at Byron’s Pool and Grantchester Meadows, Coe Fen and Lammas Land, along with the new country park at Great Kneighton which is situated on the outskirts and to the east of Trumpington.
- Trumpington village lies close to the M11 at Junction 11 which heads south towards Stansted Airport, London and the M25 and north towards A14, A1, M1 and M6. There are regular train services from Cambridge into London from around 50 minutes. Addenbrooke’s Hospital and the bio medical campus are close by where there is also a cycle route along the guided bus way into Cambridge.
- All distances and times are approximate.
- Please note that the external images of the property were taken in 2020.
- EPC Rating: D
- Tenure: Freehold
- Council Tax Band: H