About this property
Maison du Coin is an impressive early Georgian style house, with well proportioned rooms, high ceilings, sash windows with working shutters and fireplaces throughout.
The present owners acquired the property in 2016 and have carefully and comprehensively refurbished the buildings and sympathetically extended the premises to including an impressive gym, principal bedroom en suite, pool, pool house and exterior entertaining space.
This elegant family home is entered via electric wooden gates leading to a large courtyard with parking for approximately 10 cars along with a recently added car port to the rear.
The house is set in impressive land of approximately two acres, including a beautiful walled garden full of flowers, fruit, and vegetables. The property has a well-maintained large south facing front lawn, magnificent trees and bushes including palms, rhododendrons, camellias, and magnolia grandiflora.
Through the main entrance, the west wing of the ground floor houses a fabulous dining room, principal reception room, playroom, modern open plan kitchen and orangery with bi-fold doors to a magnificent south facing garden. The first of eight bedrooms, a guest suite with lounge and en suite is also located on this floor, with a hallway leading to an impressive mirrored gym. The L shaped property sweeps through to a back kitchen fitted with an Aga, a boot room, fully fitted bathroom, separate WC, laundry/ utility room, study and board room with fireplace.
Staircases from both wings lead to the five first floor bedrooms, all en suite. One of which is an exceptional principal bedroom suite with balcony and hidden dressing room. The impressive en suite has a freestanding bathtub and walk in waterfall shower room with its own private staircase to the gym beneath. The morning room and separate WC complete this floor.
The second floor has a large TV room with a separate staircase leading to the final bedroom and en suite at the top of the house.
The swimming pool with electric cover is surrounded by modern tiling forming a sleek sun terrace. This entertaining space is complimented by the sheltered poolside kitchen which forms part of the bespoke pool house along with an outdoor and indoor waterfall shower, changing rooms and WC.
An additional feature is the wine cellar beneath the main house, accessed from outside.
- Maison Du Coin was built c 1606 and is a grade 4 listed building.
- Situated in the Southwest of the island of Jersey in the beautiful parish of St Brelade with easy access to the best beaches at St Brelade’s Bay and St Ouen’s Bay. This peaceful location just above St. Aubin’s Bulwark and Harbour is the perfect location from which to enjoy village life and the best of everything on offer. The village itself, with old, cobbled lanes, merchant houses, and a picturesque harbour is beautiful by night and day. The bulwark offers a great choice of restaurants, bars, art galleries, and specialist shops.
- The area is well served by La Moye golf course and leisure facilities, and local schools have an excellent reputation plus there are superb private preparatory, primary, and secondary schools within a short drive. With London just a short flight away, and frequent links to major European destinations, you can enjoy a cosmopolitan lifestyle in this relaxed and unspoilt location.
- Underfloor heating (wet system Omnie system) to ground floor areas.
- The family room has electric trench heating.
- Electric underfloor heating in all bathrooms.
- Designer radiators in first and second floors.
- Open fire (Chesney) in main drawing room.
- Log burners (Chesney) in other principal rooms and circulation spaces.
- Air conditioning in principal bedroom, bedroom seven, kitchen, family room, 2nd-floor study area and the gym.
- CCTV, intruder, and fire alarms (intruder and fire alarm remotely monitored).
- Lutron lighting throughout the house.
- Air heat source pumps (incl heating the pool).
- Standpipes in all garden areas.
- Solar heating panels and commission system, to include Tesla battery.
- EPC Exempt
- Tenure = Freehold