About this property
The two wings of this large villa promise spectacular views of the idyllic Heritage Bel Ombre estate. Expansive in its overall layout, each bedroom features its own private terrace and is positioned to enjoy the most awe-inspiring vistas. Your al fresco lifestyle is enhanced by an undercover living space featuring a built-in barbecue, perfect for entertaining family and friends. The Glow villas sit in an elevated position overlooking a planted, mature tropical garden that cascades down the hillside, giving an amazing sense of space.
- The Bel Ombre coastline is a well-known haven for kite-surfers.
- Le Morne also boasts stunning beaches, a magnificent lagoon and reef breaks, making it a favourite among water-sports enthusiasts. The area is also home to the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Le Morne Brabant, an impressive rocky outcrop that served as the hiding place for escaped slaves in the 19th century.
- The Crocodile and Giant Tortoise Park provides a perfect day trip for the whole family. Here you’ll find a wide range of animals, including Nile crocodiles and giant tortoises. Guided walks through the banana trees, bamboo forests and palm trees are recommended.
- Bois Chéri Tea Plantation, the first tea plantation in Mauritius (est. 1892), offers informative tours about the history of tea-making on the island. And for a historical plantation of another kind, head to St Aubin Sugar Plantation. While it no longer produces sugar for export, it houses a rum distillery and restaurant serving authentic Mauritian fare.
- Grand Bassin, a crater lake in the mountains in the Savanne district, is regarded as a sacred site by Hindus who make a pilgrimage here each year. In and around Grand Bassin, there are a number of temples and colourful statues of Hindu gods.
- The viewpoint above Gris-Gras offers remarkable vistas of the ocean, which is more wild on this side of the island (so swimming here is not recommended).
- With purchases of real estate of US$375 000 or more, foreigners may apply for permanent residency status for themselves, their spouse, dependent children and parents.