About this property
“The void space” is located at the base of Cromwell Tower and was originally intended as commercial unit but never completed.
It is an enormous volume of space with ceilings which are over 10 metres high, a length of over 19 metres and width of approximately 5.89 metres.
Planning permission was granted by City of London in May 2022 to allow change of use to a single residential dwelling (full conditions available on request).
Please note, images are computer generated illustrations of the potential finished product and have been provided by Sanchez Benton Architects.
- The Barbican Estate is a residential complex of approximately 2,000 apartments and houses built in an area of the City which has been meticulously developed as a residential enclave for the City of London.
- The estate is also home to the Barbican Arts centre, museum of London the Guildhall school of music and drama, and the City of London school for girls.
- The Barbican is one of the most famous examples of Brutalist architecture and is Grade II listed.
- Ground Rent: £10 per annum (fixed in perpetuity)
- Service Charge: £8,670 per annum (reviewed annually)
- EPC Exempt
- Tenure: Leasehold. Lease Expiry: 16/06/2107 (84 years remaining)
- Council Tax Band: TBC