About this property
Chestnut Grange was designed and constructed by Border Oak in 2017, the premier builders of bespoke oak framed structures. They worked closely with the owners whose inspiration was the creation of a stunning property, without compromise.
The result is an exceptional family home, finished to exacting standards of construction and design, which sits comfortably in some of the prettiest and most peaceful countryside in the region.
The property enjoys far reaching views across its own land, extending to over 10 acres, which offers equestrian and hobby farming opportunities. The property still retains its permitted development rights.
Chestnut Grange seamlessly combines contemporary country design and practical family living, and although most impressive in its stature and scale, it is a very comfortable and manageable home for which viewing is essential.
The accommodation is beautifully presented throughout and incorporates fixtures and fittings of the highest quality. Old English handmade tiles cover the roof and the large double-glazed Bereco windows throughout provide an abundance of natural light. There is underfloor heating across both floors of
Set behind electric gates and approached across a gravel drive, Chestnut Grange is striking in its symmetrical design. The driveway has a large parking area in front of the house and there is access to the annexe and double car port.
The front door opens in to a welcoming porch area which in turn leads to a delightful light-filled dining hall with a beautiful Bath stone fireplace and multifuel stove, and spectacular double height windows overlooking the garden and land beyond. There are double doors to the outdoor terrace and a lovely oak staircase which provides access to the first floor.
From the dining hall double doors open in to a most impressive kitchen with breakfast area. The luxurious, bespoke kitchen was designed by David Lisle and comprises stylish granite worktops, a superb range of high-quality wall and base units including a large central island, an electric Aga and several other integrated appliances, including two dishwashers.
Adjacent to the kitchen is a welcoming snug with a vaulted ceiling, large multifuel stove and double doors to the rear garden. Also accessed from the kitchen is a side hall with doors to the utility and cloakroom.
To the right of the dining hall is a very impressive sitting room which features another Bath stone fire surround with wood burning stove. There are several windows overlooking the front, side and rear of the property and another set of double doors to the garden.
A concealed door from the sitting room reveals a large and well-proportioned office which would also be suitable for alternative uses such as a playroom or additional reception space.
On the first floor the spacious galleried landing has outstanding views across the gardens, land and countryside beyond. The principal bedroom suite is phenomenal. The bedroom itself has a vaulted ceiling and a seating area with a Juliet balcony and full height windows, providing uninterrupted views of the surrounding countryside.
The beautiful en suite bathroom is substantial and features a freestanding roll top bath and his and hers’ sinks on both sides of the room and a further area comprises a shower and steam room with bespoke lighting options.
The dressing room has windows to the front and side and is very well equipped with an excellent range of fitted wardrobes and drawers. There are three further bedrooms, all of which are of excellent proportions. Bedroom Two has an en suite shower room and there is a large family bathroom.
The annexe offers well-presented secondary accommodation which could also easily be adapted to provide office space for home working. Within the annexe is an open plan kitchen/breakfast room with two bedrooms and a bathroom on the first floor. There is underfloor heating across both floors.
The property sits well within its own carefully planned and landscaped gardens and grounds of approximately 10.47 acres, framed by mature hedging and trees. The grounds are a wonderful feature of the property and include extensive lawns and paddocks. There is a large terrace at the rear of the property which is ideal for outdoor dining and entertaining, and there is a beautifully appointed tennis court for those with sporting interests.
- Chestnut Grange occupies a delightful and private position, set back from Hall Lane and amongst beautiful countryside in the hamlet of Haughton, approximately six miles from Tarporley, a highly sought after village.
- Haughton has a well-regarded country pub, The Nag’s Head (0.7 miles from the property), and Tarporley has an attractive Georgian high street offering an excellent range of amenities including independent shops, several restaurants, a doctor’s surgery, a golf course and a regular bus service between Chester and Crewe.
- The village of Bunbury (2.5 miles) has a good selection of shops and a well-regarded Doctors’ surgery. There is a popular primary school, and at secondary levels both Tarporley High and Bishop Heber consistently maintain a strong reputation. Those seeking a wider choice of schools will find ample provision with the impressive choice of The Grange School at Hartford, Shrewsbury School and Ellesmere College (for which there is a school bus pick-up/drop off in Bunbury) in Shropshire, Abbey Gate College and Kings’ and Queens’ in Chester.
- The City of Chester (18 miles) is one of the north west’s leading retail and commercial centres serving a catchment area extending from Manchester to Shrewsbury and covering North Wales. There are regular rail services to London Euston from Crewe (11 miles) and Chester taking around 1 hour 30 minutes
- and 2 hours respectively.