About this property
West Hillborough Farm is approached via electric gates and a long sweeping tree-lined drive. The property is an attractive Grade II listed farmhouse that comprises three different periods, brought together with Binton, Cotswold and Sandstone. The farmhouse sits centrally within about 46 acres and has fantastic views over the River Avon and Warwickshire countryside. The property is not overlooked and therefore perfect for those buyers seeking complete privacy.
The house is in excellent condition having been redecorated throughout in recent years and offers very stylish accommodation. Of particular note is the large and very light triple aspect drawing room with a handsome fireplace to one side and panoramic views over the grounds. All the primary reception rooms have a southerly aspect and good ceiling heights that create an airy and light feel throughout the house.
The property is entered via a large reception hall which links the original house to the wing comprising a substantial, well-appointed boot room, cloakroom, comms room and lobby with staircase to the guest bedroom with en suite shower room. The central hall with ornate cornicing, period wooden front door and stone floor provides direct access to the family room and dining room. The dining room has a wood burning stove, with access to two store rooms and a further door to a side hall and separate loo. The double aspect family room has a deep brick and stone open inglenook fireplace with a log burner. The family room leads to a stone floored corridor, off which is the sitting/cinema room and study and stairs leading down to a substantial cellar.
The kitchen/breakfast room is a light and bright room incorporating an Aga, a combination of stone and wood worktops with a central preparation island to one side, and a pitched and glazed breakfast room with a log burner to the other. French doors lead to the terrace with wonderful views over the pond and zen garden and beyond to the River Avon. The pantry is also accessed off the kitchen, with secondary kitchen preparation surfaces.
The main staircase rises from the central hallway to the bedroom accommodation. The principal bedroom is a large and very light room with distant views over the surrounding countryside and the River Avon. It benefits from a separate dressing room, an en suite bathroom with a large shower, a free standing roll top bath and a double vanity basin. There are three further bedroom suites, each with a well-appointed bathroom or shower room. There are two further excellent bedrooms which share the family bathroom with a walk-in shower, free standing roll top bath and lovely wooden floor.
Adjoining the main house is a gymnasium on the ground floor and a large and beautiful office on the first floor. Double doors open into the gymnasium and stairs rise up to the large open plan office.
Beyond the courtyard is a spacious lovely two bedroom, two bathroom cottage which is entered through its own front garden. It has an open plan kitchen/breakfast room opening onto the triple aspect sitting room. The cottage also has its own access to the adjoining barn. Adjoining the cottage is a brick and tiled two storey barn which would be ideal for a substantial car collection or a variety of other uses. The first floor Entertainment Barn is a substantial function space. Separated from the house and served by its own access is a large steel framed and block agricultural storage barn. The American barn has a workshop to one end with a mezzanine over.
There is an additional five bay open sided Dutch barn currently used as a log store leading into a two bay open sided stall. The gardens are predominantly made up of large areas of well-maintained lawn with a charming duck pond and small woodland, bordered by post and rail fencing with surrounding fields. The pasture leads down to a generous stretch of the River Avon with the added benefit of fishing rights. There are large borders close to the house with mature shrubs and specimen fruit trees. On the southern side of the house is a paved terrace with a large entertaining area and a sleek contemporary rill creating a peaceful and tranquil space. A further west-facing paved terrace can be found outside the kitchen/breakfast room. The path continues around the house to the north side with planted flower and shrub beds with box hedging.
- Welford-on-Avon 3 miles, Stratford-upon-Avon 6 miles, M40 (Jct 15) 16 miles, M42 (Jct 3) 17 miles, Warwick Parkway Station 18 miles, M5 (Jct 6) 21 miles, Worcester 23 miles, Birmingham Int Airport 30 miles, Cheltenham 30 miles. (All distances and times are approximate.)
- West Hillborough Farm lies in an elevated position with south facing views across the River Avon. The villages of Bidford-on-Avon (three miles) and Welford-on-Avon (three miles) provide a good selection of shopping and local amenities. The internationally renowned town of Stratford-upon-Avon has extensive shopping and leisure facilities, lying only six miles away, as well as being the region’s cultural centre and home of the Royal Shakespeare Theatre. Evesham (11 miles), Cheltenham (27 miles), Worcester (21 miles) and Birmingham (30 miles) are all within easy reach.
- South Warwickshire is popular for its excellent selection of state, grammar and private schools including boys and girls grammar schools in Stratford-Upon-Avon(six miles) and Warwick (18 miles), The Croft at Stratford-Upon-Avon, Bloxham, Sibford and Kitebrook at Moreton in Marsh (20 miles).
- West Hillborough Farm is well placed for communications with easy access to Junction 15 of the M40 approximately 16 miles away, whilst there is a regular train service from Warwick Parkway (18 miles) to Marylebone (from 90 mins) and from Moreton-in Marsh to Paddington (from 1 hour 40 minutes).
- There are numerous sporting opportunities in the area including National Hunt racing at Cheltenham, Stratford-upon-Avon and Worcester. Golf courses at Stratford-Upon-Avon, Broadway (15 miles) and Bidford Grange Golf Club, lying next door to West Hillborough Farm itself. The property is well placed for access to equestrian competitions throughout the country.
- All distances and times are approximate.
- Services: Mains water and electricity. Private drainage. Oil-fired central heating. Broadband.
- West Hillborough Farmhouse is Grade II listed.
- Council Tax: Main house is Band H. Cottage is Band C.
- Local Authority: Stratford-on-Avon District Council. Telephone 01789 267 575.
- Rights of way: A footpath runs along the western boundary. Please refer to agent for details.
- English Woodland Grant Scheme: The existing obligations will be assigned to the buyer(s) upon completion. Please refer to agent for details.
- Grazing Licence: A grazing licence is in place allowing a local farmer to produce haylage.
- Directions: From Stratford-upon-Avon: Follow the B439 out of Stratfordupon-Avon. Turn left onto Hillborough Lane just after Cranhill Farm. West Hillborough Farm will be found on the right hand side. From the M40 (Junction 15): Follow the A46 towards Alcester. Turn left towards Temple Grafton and follow sat nav directions to Hillborough Lane. West Hillborough Farm will be found on the right hand side. The property is accessed via security controlled five bar gates which lead to a long driveway flanked on both sides by woodland.
- EPC Exempt
- Tenure: Freehold
- Council Tax Band: H