About this property
19 Windsor Street is a fine example of a Georgian terraced townhouse offering charming and flexible family accommodation on four principal floors. Many of the original period features have been retained while the house has been upgraded for modern day requirements. At ground floor level a welcoming stone flagged entrance hall leads to the sitting room with black marble mantelpiece surrounding a multi-fuel wood burner and two windows to Windsor Street. Next door lies the well appointed breakfasting kitchen, with induction hob and oven. A useful utility room and WC are located to the rear.
An elegant stone stair crowned by a delightful cupola rises to the first floor off which lies the impressive drawing room with marble mantelpiece and an open fireplace. It has two full height windows and Juliet balconies overlooking Windsor Street. A double bedroom adjoins the drawing room and is currently being used as a study. There is a further spacious bedroom on this level as well as a well appointed family bathroom overlooking the garden. A further stair rises to the second floor where there are two charming bedrooms and a further shower room.
At lower ground floor level there are a further two spacious bedrooms, a sizeable bathroom, and a family room with a kitchenette attached. The garden level benefits from its own front door, meaning it could be used as self-contained guest accommodation. There is a stone flagged courtyard to the front with under pavement cellars.
To the rear there is a charming south-east facing walled garden that is filled with sunshine, with mature plantings and trees. A double garage is located to the rear of the garden and offers excellent potential. Access to Regent Gardens, a private residential garden spanning over 12 acres, is available subject to application and a modest fee.
- Windsor Street, built by William Playfair in the 1820s, is located at the eastern end of the New Town and occupies a splendid position looking onto Calton Hill.
- This is a much sought after central location with the fashionable Multrees Walk, Harvey Nichols, Edinburgh St James Centre, John Lewis and the city centre being just a short walk away.
- Arthurs Seat, Holyrood Palace and the Scottish Parliament building are also within close walking distance.
- The property is conveniently located for road access to both the east and west of the city, with the tram service available from York Place connecting directly to Edinburgh airport.
- The area is well populated with amenities including an Everyman and Omni cinema, the Playhouse theatre, and an excellent selection of delicatessens, cafes and restaurants.
- The street benefits from ample parking, available by residents permit.