About this property
11 Carlton Terrace is a meticulously presented townhouse over three floors, arguably one of the finest in Edinburgh.
The property has recently undergone significant modernisation by the current owners and is both beautifully presented and finished to an exceptionally high specification throughout, yet retains much of its original charm with many fine period features. These include the astragal windows, wrought iron balcony, delicate plasterwork and magnificent stone stair.
The accommodation is set over ground, first and second floors and offers unusually generous lateral living space due to being almost entirely open plan on the ground floor.
There are elegant reception rooms with a grand living room leading into the beautifully appointed kitchen which, in turn, leads on to the snug area.
The kitchen is stylish and modern, with a generous island and high specification fixtures and appliances. In addition there is a separate larder store.
On the first floor is elegant drawing room with wonderful views towards Holyrood and Arthur’s Seat.
There are five spacious double bedrooms over the first and second floors and of particular note is the principal bedroom which has an exquisite en suite bathroom, fitted wardrobes and a separate dressing room.
There are a further two newly fitted bathroom suites together with a spacious W.C on the ground floor.
There is also a convenient laundry room on the top floor.
Externally, residents have exclusive access to Regent Gardens, most likely the best private gardens in Edinburgh, set over 11 acres and boasting a tennis court, playground and pitch & putt all amongst beautiful parkland. Holyrood Park is also close-by.
On-street residents parking is plentiful directly outside.
- Carlton Terrace is a peaceful street that enjoys a prestigious location within the heart of Edinburgh’s historic Georgian district.
- It is situated within 0.6 miles of the city centre’s fashionable Princes Street, George Street and St Andrew Square. The new shopping centre at the St James Quarter is also close by which offers numerous retail and dining options.
- The Georgian New Town is world-renowned for its architecture and quality of living, and continues to be one of the most popular residential areas in Edinburgh.
- There is a wonderful and varied selection of local amenities within close proximity, including art galleries, shops, restaurants, theatres, bars and bistros.
- The city offers an excellent choice of private and public schooling, with The Edinburgh Academy and Fettes College a short drive away.
- An efficient public transport network operates nearby, connecting the area to other parts of the city and beyond. Moreover, Waverley Train Station and the Edinburgh Tram are within striking distance.