About this property
Beresford Court is an exceptional Grade II listed Arts and Crafts home, designed by the well-known architect Baille Scott in 1926 using Elizabethan brickwork. The house has been extended and updated to a high specification throughout with great attention to detail. Features include fine oak paneling, exposed brick architraves, high ceilings, some exposed ceiling timbers, lead light windows with stone and stone mullions, in-ceiling sound system, zoned heating system, modern bathroom suites and an impressive bespoke kitchen/breakfast room. The principal accommodation is arranged to take in the southerly views over the garden. The gardens and grounds are a superb feature, providing an attractive private setting with formal lawns, kitchen garden, swimming pool, tennis court, helipad and a post and rail paddock with stabling and a separate access. Of particular note is the planning permission for an additional new home with separate driveway access (planning reference 2022/551). In total the plot amounts to about 4.51 acres.
The principal reception rooms provide elegant entertaining areas and comprise an impressive oak paneled drawing room with a listed fireplace and connecting door to the elegant dining room paneled in Oregan pine and birch. In addition is the striking double height billiards room with barreled ceiling and minstrel gallery. There is also a snug providing informal family living.
Situated within the extension is the spacious kitchen/breakfast/family room which is fitted with a range of bespoke wall and base cupboards with a matching island unit and breakfast table and features a gas fired Aga and a Subzero fridge and freezer units. The family area is part vaulted with a pair of double doors to the terrace.
There are two studies, a utility room and boot room completing this floor.
The cellar provides storage and a wine store.
The principal bedroom suite, located on the first floor, comprises a double aspect bedroom with extensive range of fitted bedroom furniture and access to a charming roof terrace. The modern en suite bathroom features a walk-in shower and contemporary oval bath.
There are five further bedrooms, one of which is being used as a dressing room, and two with an en suite bathrooms.
There are three separate bath or shower rooms, one of which has a connecting door to a bedroom.
The house is approached over a gravel drive which leads to the integral garaging with electric up and over door and a pedestrian door to the house.
The beautiful gardens sit predominantly to the south of the property and comprise a generous York flagstone terrace with two fish pools and a timber pergola with climbing plants to one side of the heated swimming pool and pool house with a shower and W.C. From the terrace, steps lead to the formal garden with a level lawn flanked by clipped yew hedging and trees. The gardens continue to a kitchen garden where a greenhouse by Alitex is located. There is also an adjacent tree house, implement store and shed. There is a variety of established trees, shrubs and flowers within the garden providing year round interest, including mature rhododendrons and camellias. There is extensive lighting within the gardens with mood lighting to the rear of the house.
There is also a helipad within the grounds.
Within the garden is an automated irrigation system by Rain Bird fed from a well within the grounds.
A secondary access from Ballards Lane leads to the stable yard which comprises two blocks, one of which is currently used as a studio. There is planning permission (2022/551) for an additional new home with a separate driveway access.
There is also a timber frame garage with two enclosed garages and an open bay together with a post a rail paddock.
- Beresford Court is situated in a sought after private road on the edge of Limpsfield Village which offers local amenities. Oxted offers an excellent range of schools, a mainline station, Everyman Cinema and an excellent
range of restaurants and bars. There are various school bus services including Wathamstow Hall, Sevenoaks and New Beacon. There is direct access to footpaths which lead over adjoining countryside and to the National Trusts pine forest Limpsfield Common.
- Comprehensive Shopping: Oxted (1.5 miles), Sevenoaks (8 miles) and Bluewater (22 miles).
- Airports: Gatwick (15 miles). Heathrow (36 miles).
- Mainline rail services: Oxted to Victoria and London Bridge. Thames Link trains to Blackfriars, Farringdon and London St Pancras International. Sevenoaks Station (7.9 miles) to Cannon Street/Charing Cross/London Bridge. Ebbsfleet (23 miles) with access to Europe.
- Primary Schools: Limpsfield, Oxted and Westerham.
- State Schools: Oxted.
- Private Schools: Hazelwood mixed preparatory school in Limpsfield Chart. Radnor House in Sundridge. The Public Schools at Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and Caterham. Independent girls secondary schools in Woldingham and Sevenoaks.
- Leisure Facilities: Limpsfield Tennis and Squash Club. Health centre and leisure pool complex in Oxted. Public and private golf courses including Limpsfield Chart, Westerham and Tandridge Golf Club at Oxted.
- All distance are approximate.
- Tandridge Council Tax Band ‘H’
- Directions: From the M25 junction 6, follow the A25 east towards Oxted and Westerham. After the second set of traffic lights continue up a hill and turn into the second road on your right (Ballards Lane). Beresford Court is the first drive on the left. Alternatively, from the M25 junction 5, take the A21 towards Hastings and the second exit onto the A25 heading west. Proceed through Westerham and past The Grasshopper Inn on the right. Continue up a hill and Ballards Lane will be seen on the left hand side. Proceed as before.
- EPC Exempt
- Tenure = Freehold