About this property
4 Walker Street has recently undergone conversion from office to residential use and as part of this has been extensively refurbished and modernised to create an immaculately presented townhouse finished to an extremely high specification. The accommodation benefits from both east and west facing aspects allowing for an abundance of natural light throughout the day, further enhanced by the generous cupola crowning the impressive original stone stair. The property has been sensitively upgraded, perfectly catering for modern living, and yet sympathetically blending contemporary fixtures and fittings with the many fine period features including the stone stair with wrought iron balustrades and mahogany banister, delightful plasterwork and astragal windows.
The front door opens to a welcoming entrance hall with herringbone oak flooring, which continues into the sitting/dining room to the front of the house. Here there is a beautiful bow ended wall as well as a charming mantelpiece. The kitchen faces west and has been beautifully appointed. It is by Riddle and Coghill and is topped with Silestone surfaces with a generous island providing ample space for informal dining. A useful and fully fitted utility room lies off this, while there is a cloakroom with WC as well as two storage cupboards also on this floor.
The stair rises to the upper floor where there is the elegant drawing room with three windows bringing plenty of light. There is a wonderful mantelpiece also, while the original double doors are still in tact opening to what is now the principal bedroom suite. It is a particularly generous room, again with full height window and working shutters, as well as a luxurious en suite bath and shower room off. The stair rises to the upper floor where there are three further double bedrooms, of which one has an en suite shower room. In addition there is a superb family bathroom.
- Walker Street is located in the heart of Edinburgh’s sought-after West End district.
- The West End is a high amenity area with a wide range of excellent cafes, bars and restaurants with local shopping on the cobbled streets surrounding the property, extending to Shandwick Place and Queensferry Street. George Street and the amenities of the city centre are also on the doorstep.
- The property is conveniently situated for the main financial centres and both Haymarket train station and the Tram at Shandwick Place are within easy reach.
- The property is well located for access to a range of schools and is within easy reach of Erskine Stewart’s Melville Schools, Fettes College and The Edinburgh Academy.
- Belford Sports Club is nearby, as are a number of gym and leisure clubs including two Nuffield Health Clubs, Bannatynes on Queen Street and Westwoods Health Club. Many of Edinburgh’s galleries and theatres are also within the vicinity.
- There is easy access westwards to Corstorphine, Edinburgh Park, the city bypass and Edinburgh International Airport.
- Listing – The property is Category A listed and lies within the New Town Conservation Area.
- Fixtures and fittings – All fitted carpets, light fittings and white goods are included in the sale. The furnishings are on hire, but could potentially be bought. Please contact the selling agent for further details.
- EPC Rating = D
- Tenure = Freehold