About this property
The Hexton Manor Estate is an exceptional residential, amenity and sporting estate just 40 miles north of London, within the Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. There is an impressive Grade II listed Manor House, six houses and cottages, a converted stable block providing let commercial income, walled garden and surrounding gardens and parkland. There are about 390 acres of woodland and steep valleys, home to the outstanding Hexton Shoot and offering huge potential for harnessing natural capital and delivering environmental benefits, along with a further 364 acres of productive farmland including arable and pasture. The Hexton Manor Estate extends to 773.09 acres (312.87 hectares) and is being offered for sale as a whole or in two lots.
- Hexton is an idyllic traditional rural village which offers that rare combination of unspoilt English charm, whilst being very accessible to the popular Hertfordshire towns of Hitchin, Harpenden and St Albans as well as London, airports (both Luton and Heathrow) and is situated between the M1 (J11a & J12) and A1 (J8) which are eight miles equidistant.
- The village of Hexton has a village shop, primary school, public house, weekly cream teas served at the village church and a monthly farmers market, whilst Barton Le Clay to the west and Hitchin to the east provide a wider range of amenities. Other noteable local destinations include Champneys Spa at Henlow (8 miles), Woburn (12 miles) and Whipsnade Zoo (13 miles).
- Hitchin and the surrounding areas offer an excellent range of both private and state schools. These include Heath Mount, Queenswood, Kingshott, St Christophers, Sherrardswood along with Hitchin Boys and Girls Schools.
- London Luton Airport (9 miles) for international flights and private aircraft – with three dedicated private jet terminals. London Heathrow Airport (41 miles).
- Mainline stations at Hitchin (5 miles) and Luton (8 miles) and Luton Parkway (9 miles) provide excellent services, from 30 minutes, into Kings Cross, St Pancras International, The City and Gatwick.
- EPC Rating = E