About this property
St. Katharine’s Precinct is a magnificent Grade II* listed house in Regent’s Park providing over 6,000 sq ft (557.42 sq m) of living space.
St Katharine’s Precinct was built in the years 1826-1827 by the well-known architect Ambrose Poynter. Poynter was a founding director of the Institute of British Architects and associate of John Nash, the architect of Regent’s Park. A part of the Royal Foundation of St Katharine’s, 1 St Katharine’s Precinct was home to senior clerics and members of the Royal Household from when it was first built right the way through to the mid-20th Century.
During the Second World War the houses at St Katharine’s Precinct narrowly escaped total destruction by enemy bombing. A number of bombs fell on the east side of Regent’s Park, including one very nearby at St Katharine’s Lodge.
On the side of 1 St Katharine’s Precinct facing Regent’s Park is an emblem showing a lion and a unicorn supporting a carved crowned shield. The heraldry is dedicated to King George IV, who was King of the United Kingdom and Hanover from 1820 to 1830. Before he became crowned as King, George IV was known as His Royal Highness The Prince Regent. Regent’s Park was named after him and hence the honorary emblem on the side of 1 St Katharine’s Precinct, with the lettering G IV standing for George IV.
This beautiful home provides four bedrooms suites, three interconnecting reception rooms, kitchen, breakfast room, dining room, entertainment/games room, sauna/steam room, south facing garden.
Further benefits include secure off street parking and residents parking.
- Located on the prestigious Outer Circle of Regent’s Park, St. Katharine’s Precinct is set behind elegant box gate piers, railings and lamp posts, and has its own gravel driveway entrance set in landscaped lawns and garden.
- Regent’s Park provides easy access into London’s West End shopping, restaurants and leisure district, and it is also just a short distance from the local high streets of St. John’s Wood, Marylebone High Street and Primrose Hill.