About this property
This superb period home is set back from the road with a beautiful carriage driveway and an integral garage. The property is set in picturesque grounds close to Wimbledon common and the All England Tennis Club.
The property dates back to circa.1860 and offers exceptional lateral living and entertaining space with a self-contained annexe, perfect for guests. The house opens into a deep, impressive central hallway creating a wonderful sense of light and space with an elegant galleried staircase.
Off the entrance hall are the main reception spaces, to the front is a generous, triple aspect, double reception room and a smart formal dining room. Both benefit from large floor to ceiling sash windows with original box shutters, high ceilings, attractive fireplaces and period cornicing. To the rear, is a wonderful family room with views of the beautifully landscaped 88′ rear garden.
Stairs flow down from this reception space down to a mezzanine level with an impressive bespoke kitchen and dining area offering a superb family space with barrel vaulted ceilings, a large skylight and full height glass doors leading out to the garden. The garden has been designed by Chelsea Flower Show winners Del Buono Gazerwitz.
On the lower ground level is a self contained guest annexe with living room, kitchen and bathroom making the space perfect for guests/ a nanny or au-pair. It also benefits from its’ own entrance. To the rear is a comfortable TV/cinema room and a study/family room with stairs that lead back up to the kitchen/breakfast room.
There is a bright and spacious home office located above the integral garage with a utility room and guest cloakroom alongside.
On the first floor is the principal bedroom with green views of the garden at the rear and benefits from a walk in dressing room, and large en suite bathroom with both a free standing bath and separate walk-in shower. There are two further double bedrooms, both with en suite bathrooms.
On the top floor are an additional three double bedrooms (one with an en suite) and a family bathroom. Throughout the house there is plenty of additional storage space.
We have been told that this property has no cladding.
- Somerset Road is considered to be one of the area’s most prestigious addresses. The house is situated approximately 300 metres from Wimbledon Common which offers approximately 1,200 acres of wonderful green open space.
- Wimbledon Village is just 0.7 mile away and has pretty boutiques, bars and restaurants.
- Wimbledon train station is served by a fast and regular link to central London with Waterloo being approximately 17 minutes away. Both Gatwick and Heathrow are around 45 minutes away.
- Locally are a number of popular schools including the highly rated King’s College Wimbledon and Wimbledon High School for girls.
- All measurements are approximate
- Council Tax Band = H
- EPC Rating = C
- Tenure = Freehold