About this property
Saddlewood Manor is located about 6 miles west of the highly regarded Cotswold town of Tetbury in the rolling downlands of South Gloucestershire.
Situated at the heart of the estate is a superb 17th Century Cotswold Stone house. The house is Grade II Listed and has been renovated throughout though many original features of the house have been retained.
The accommodation is set over three floors and the ground floor includes a reception hall, superb open plan kitchen, drawing room, dining room, library/media room and study.
On the first floor is a principal suite with adjoining dressing room and bathroom, 2 further bedrooms (one en-suite) and two family bathrooms. The accommodation on the second floor includes two bedrooms (both en-suite) and a dressing room.
In all, the house extends to a total of 7,271 sq. ft.
The front of the house is west facing overlooking the tree lined drive, the lake and the much of the land. To the rear of the house are located a series of small garden rooms. Close by is the Swimming Pool complex and the 2 bedroom Bungalow and beyond this the 3 bedroom Grid Cottage.
A woodchip biomass boiler provides heating and hot water for the Manor House, Swimming Pool Complex and Guest Cottage.
Barns and Stables
Located further away from the house is the extensive range of traditional Cotswold stone buildings and stable yard with separate access. The stables and barns are primarily for equestrian use but would suit a myriad of alternative uses. A substantial Cotswold stone Threshing Barn historically divided into two halves with one side remaining relatively untouched whilst the other side has been partially converted to a party barn and provides a wonderful space for entertaining. In addition, there is a cloakroom and stairs lead to a first floor.
A modern 5 bay, steel portal framed building is set away from the yard and dug into the ground to reduce visual impact.
The current owner has farmed the land in an arable rotation and has recently drilled all fields to grass. The previous owners used some of the land for a 25 acre polo field and the field used to benefit from an underground irrigation system.
In all the land extends to about 172 acres.
- Tetbury 7 miles, Cheltenham 24 miles, Cirencester 18 miles, M4 (junction 18) 8 miles (Distances and time approximate)
- Adjacent to Badminton Estate
- Saddlewood is located within the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- The Manor House, Dovecote, Cotswold Stone Barn and Stable Blocks are Grade II Listed by Historic England.
- The property is sold subject to the following occupancies; Grid Cottage: AST. Stables: DIY Liveries.
- Services: Mains Water and Electricity (3 Phase), Private water supply available, Private drainage, Biomass Boiler with back up oil fired boiler, Solar Panels, Gigaclear broadband.
- EPCs: Saddlewood Manor (F), Guest Cottage (D), Grid Cottage (D)
- EPC Rating: F