About this property
Newbold House is a substantial stone built family home offering well-proportioned, extremely stylish family accommodation. The current sellers have overseen a comprehensive programme of remodelling and refurbishment during their tenure. Tucked away from the village and benefitting from a large unconverted barn and far reaching views, this property is a gem.
The front door leads into a large welcoming reception hall with oak staircase rising to the first floor. The spacious drawing room and dining room are perfect for entertaining, having high ceilings and offering plenty of light. The superb kitchen/breakfast room enjoys views across the gardens with bespoke wall and floor cupboards, two island units and Aga. There is plenty of space for a good sized table and chairs. The study and snug are both beautifully presented with an attractive wood burner to the study. Completing the ground floor accommodation are two cloakrooms, utility and boot room, all vital for rural family life.
To the first floor, bedrooms radiate from the spacious and light flooded landing. The principal bedroom is stunning and luxurious with a sitting area and free standing wave bath set on a tiled plinth. There are five further double bedrooms, two of which are en suite. The bedrooms are well proportioned and enjoy superb views across open countryside. The en suite shower rooms and family bathroom are all luxuriously appointed.
A particular feature of the property is the substantial detached barn which is curtilage listed and suitable for a variety of purposes subject to the usual consents.
The property is approached over a gravel drive with electric gates. To the front of the property is ample gravelled parking for several cars. To one side of the garden is a magnificent detached barn which could be converted to serve a number of purposes, subject to planning permission. The majority of the gardens and grounds lie to the front of the property and are very private with a paved terrace. The garden is laid to lawn and leads to an orchard which slopes down to the River Stour.
Mains electricity, water and drainage are connected to the property. Gas -fired central heating.
Right of Way: The owners of Newbold Barn have a right of access over the first part of the drive from the road to access their property
- Newbold House is located in the South Warwickshire village of Newbold-on-Stour with views across open countryside to the rear. Local amenities within the village include a shop/post office, a public house, village hall and a church. Shipston-on-Stour provides for daily shopping requirements and Stratford-upon-Avon, the Cotswold towns of Chipping Campden and Moreton-in-Marsh provide a more extensive range of shops, schools and leisure facilities.
- The M40 is accessible at junction 15 (Warwick) and junction 12 (Gaydon). There is a mainline station at Moreton-in-Marsh (nine miles) serving Oxford, Worcester and London Paddington).
There is an excellent range of state, grammar and private schools to suit most requirements including; The Croft Prep School, Stratford Prep School, Stratford Grammar schools. Warwick Prep and Public School and King’s High School for Girls, Bloxham and Sibford Schools. Chipping Campden High School also has an excellent reputation.
- Sporting facilities nearby include racing at Cheltenham, Stratford-upon-Avon and Warwick and there are golf courses at Stratford-upon-Avon, Brailes and Tadmarton.
The surrounding open countryside offers many attractive walks and rides along the extensive network of country lanes, bridle paths and footpaths.
- The Cotswolds’ year is packed with events ranging from world famous international festivals like Cheltenham Literature Festival and Cheltenham Gold Cup Week to major musical events such as the Wilderness Festival, Cornbury Festival or the Big Feastival, as well as a jam-packed events calendar featuring concerts, exhibitions, arts and literature festivals and theatrical productions.
- Council Tax Band H.
- Directions: From Stratford-upon-Avon take the A3400 towards Shipston-on-Stour. Continue through Alderminster and into the village of Newbold-on-Stour. Directly opposite the church, turn left into Church Lane. Continue to the bottom of the lane and Newbold House will be found on the left hand side.
- EPC Rating = C
- Tenure = Freehold