About this property
La Pirogue Residences is a joint venture by well-known hospitality group Sun Resorts, Mauritius’s leading luxury developer, 2Futures, and property manager CIEL Properties. The development takes its design cue from La Pirogue hotel, built in 1976 and named after the small traditional fishing boat. La Pirogue is steeped in heritage and the residences that will grace the resort’s estate will be equally enthralling.
The development consists of 45 apartments and penthouses housed in five blocks, designed in a horse-shoe shape around the swimming pool and clubhouse. It reflects a real village atmosphere conducive to socialising, but with equal amounts of privacy and peace. Local volcanic rock, timber pergolas covered in trailing vines and elevated vegetation in rooftop planters enhance the feeling of warmth, while the interiors reflect the boho-chic style of the hotel itself.
A golden key to resort living
Being a homeowner at La Pirogue Residences allows residents to make use of the facilities at La Pirogue and Sugar Beach resorts, which includes long stretches of perfectly white and pristine beaches. The area is well known for its surfing, but the entire region is rich with natural wonders, including Le Morne beach, Le Morne Brabant, Black River Gorges and the Chamarel Mountains. Plus there are some top golf courses in the area for enthusiasts.
Benefits from both resorts include:
access to bars and restaurants, swimming pools, tennis court and gym (paddle tennis is coming soon)
discounts at the spa and restaurants
discounted green fees at Aux Cerfs Golf Club and preferential rates at Tamarina Golf Club
access to a kids’ club
Set in lush, tropical gardens, the two- and three-bedroomed apartments and four-bedroom penthouses are functional, neat and uncluttered spaces, and feature a warm coastal colour palette and wood panelling. A lovely indoor-outdoor flow means each comfortable space is perfect for relaxing and/or entertaining, and the sloped ceiling design provides a sense of cosiness and privacy.
And joining the Rental Pool Programme has great benefits, and can generate an average yield of 6.75% per year in cash return and via the 60 nights entitlement option.
- The village of Black River and its infrastructure is in close proximity.
- The area boasts numerous shopping centres, including London Way, Ruisseau Créole, Nautica Commercial Centre, Cascavelle Shopping Village and Coeur Cap Tamarin, which is part of the new Smart City of Cap Tamarin.
- Le Morne Brabant Mountain, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is in close proximity.
- There are a number of championship golf courses in the area.
- Black River Bay is renowned for its superb sailing, surfing, deep-sea angling and scuba-diving opportunities.
- In close proximity, Black River Gorge, Casela Nature Park and Chamarel Seven Coloured Earth Geopark are waiting to be explored.