About this property
La Croix Chalets is a once in a lifetime opportunity to acquire and design a bespoke chalet in one of Aosta Valley’s prime ski resorts.
These luxury, architectural chalets are immersed in the nature of the Val d’Ayas and back onto wooded hillside. To the front, the ground falls away, offering an elevated position and uninterrupted views, with the tranquil sound of running water in the valley below.
Designed as an exclusive refuge, owners will be able to experience the wonders of mountain life in a truly natural and undisturbed natural environment.
Each chalet is different and allows the buyer to customise their chalet using a qualified team of architects and interior designers. With attention to detail at all levels and the use of natural materials, such as stone, wood and iron, the chalets will fit comfortably into their natural surroundings. With a strong focus on eco-sustainability, they have been meticulously designed to minimise energy consumption and maximise thermal efficiency using geo-thermal probes and air source heat pumps.
Outside, external balconies and large gardens will provide privacy and generous space in which to take in the beauty of the surrounding mountain-scape. Each chalet comes with either a double or triple garage for added convenience.
Please contact Savills directly for further information.
Please note: our prices do not include Italian VAT charged at 10%.
- The traditional and charming village of Champoluc enjoys an enviable positon in a wide, green and sunny valley, with breath-taking views of the Monte Rosa Massif, the Petit and Grand Torunalin and the Matterhorn Valley.
Champoluc is renowned by mountain lovers seeking both summer activities and winter sports. It is also a dual season destination from where to enjoy good food and to enjoy local produce from the abundance of village shops.
THE SUMMER IN VAL d’AYAS
- In summer, the valley is the ideal destination for those who love excursions, such as the ring route on Mount Zerbion, which starts from Ayas, a two-minute drive from “La Croix” and continues for 9 km; or the wonderful excursion starting from Saint-Jacques, a few hundred meters from “La Croix”. This passed by the “Grand Lac” lake and arrives at the Colle Superiore di Cime Bianche, offering an amazing view of the Matterhorn. For the more adventurous, the nearby route of Lower Piani di Verra The Blue lake, offers a hiking route of 9.92 km, with a duration of 4h and a difference in elevation of 560m.
- The area is equally well known for mountain biking, trail running or climbing – See (link: https://www.visitmonterosa.com/experience-monterosa/monterosa-ski/monterosa-on-foot/ )
THE WINTER OF VAL d’AYAS
- In the winter, the Val d’Ayas becomes an international base for ski lovers, who can explore the horizons across 180km of slopes throughout the Monte Rosa Ski area. These include the glaciers of Mount Rosa at over 3200 meters and across the Aosta Valley to Alagna Valsesia in Piedmont.
- Brusson, just a few kilometres away from La Croix, has long been established as a centre for Nordic skiing and biathlon and hosts international events and competitions. The cross-country ski trails run along the Evançon river and pass through the sunny Vollon plain.
Other mountain activities
- Val d’Ayas is not just about sports. For those who want to enjoy an authentic afternoon of relaxation, the Monte Rosa wellness centre, a few minutes’ drive from “La Croix”, is the ideal choice. But relaxation also means enjoying good food with a glass of wine at the end of the day. For lovers of good food, the Val d’Ayas is the place to taste the typical Aosta Valley cuisine, discovering the many shelters reachable by off-road vehicles.