About this property
Kingfisher House has been sympathetically remodelled and extended by the current owners resulting in a free flowing, bright and very well configured family home which suits modern living and entertaining. Meticulous design throughout the property includes the use of current technology as well as zoned landscaped gardens.
The property is unusually set back from Avenue Road and is approached via wooden electric gates, with a security intercom system granting access to the long gravel driveway. The drive is flanked by formal topiary with sleeper lined flowerbeds offering structure to the nicely designed front garden which is mostly laid to lawn. Well stocked and mature flowerbeds surround the lawn with hedging providing welcome privacy.
On entering Kingfisher House, the spaciousness of the reception hall is instantly notable with elegant panelling, large flagstone floors and a view through to the garden to the rear. The hall provides a natural flow to the home with double oak framed glass doors opening through to the generously sized open plan kitchen, dining and family room. The kitchen is well appointed with an extensive range of cabinets, oak work surfaces and integrated appliances. Underfloor heating throughout the flagstone covered rooms offers additional heating although a contemporary log burner has also been installed in the family room providing that extra cosy atmosphere during those chilly evenings. Bi-fold doors grant access directly out to the rear garden, swimming pool and outdoor kitchen.
Back in the hall, matching oak framed doors provide access to the drawing room which is a more formal space with bespoke bookshelves, feature fireplace, wood burner and bi-fold doors opening onto to the front garden. The wall above the fireplace has been specially treated so it can be used as a projector screen, ideal for movie nights. A study with fitted cabinetry provides office home working for two people with a view over the front garden. Continuing on the ground floor, the downstairs cloakroom is off the hallway en route to the generous utility room which is well equipped with cabinetry, sink, oven, and laundry plumbing. A stable door offers access out to the garden at the rear. This floor is completed with a mention of the garage which is accessible directly from the gravel drive and links to the main house via the utility room.
On the first floor a spacious landing sweeps around to the principal bedroom suite which again is well appointed with en suite shower room, twin vanity sinks and under floor heating. A separate walk-in dressing area with fitted cabinetry provides ample storage. This floor has four further bedrooms, three of which are generous doubles (including one en-suite) and a single which is currently used as a Pilates studio. A modern family bathroom completes this floor.
On the second floor are two further double bedrooms, one with a walk-in closet and a further family bathroom. A large sitting room/games room with views over the garden provides a great space for kids or teenagers requiring their own space. A large gable end window allows lots of natural light in this this room.
The gardens at Kingfisher House are cleverly designed with a focus on outdoor living. The dining area is separated by sleeper retained raised beds with classic formal topiary. An outdoor kitchen with fridge and BBQ makes this space great for entertaining. An 8m x 5m swimming pool, heated via double air-source heat pumps, was installed in 2020. The pool house is discreetly positioned behind hedging at the bottom of the garden and out of sight. Well placed garden lighting means you can enjoy entertaining well into the evening. Finally, tucked between the garden shed and the entrance to the utility room is a courtyard used as an outdoor gym and games area laid to Astroturf.
- Kingfisher House is situated on the sought after Fisheries Estate in the picturesque culinary village of Bray. The village is home to the renowned Michelin starred restaurants the Fat Duck, Waterside Inn and Hinds Head. As well as the popular Caldesi in Campagne and The Crown. Maidenhead offers a wide range of shopping and leisure amenities, with further amenities available in Windsor.
- There is extensive schooling in the area including Oldfield School, Braywick Court Free School, Holyport College sponsored by Eton College, St. Piran’s, Highfield Preparatory School and Claire’s Court in the local area. As well as Upton House and St. George’s in Windsor, Papplewick and St. Mary’s in Ascot and Eton College. NB. Please refer to schools directly for admissions policies.
- Rail access to London (Paddington) is available from Maidenhead (approx. 1 mile away) and the Elizabeth line is now open connecting to the city. The M4 is accessible, leading to Heathrow Airport, Central London, the West Country and the M25. Bray is close to Maidenhead a market town on set on the River Thames.
- Maidenhead is known for its attractive riverfront with Boulters Lock and Ray Mill Island being a focal point with river boat trips and popular riverfront restaurants. Local events include a regular farmers market and full programme of events at Norden Farm Centre for Arts. All distances and journey times are approximate.
- Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead tax band G
- EPC Rating: C
- Tenure: Freehold
- Council Tax Band: G