About this property
An incredible opportunity to acquire an outstanding Grade II listed ambassadorial residence on Hyde Park Gardens now in need of modernisation and updating.
Offering a very rare opportunity to create a family home of impressive scale and volume.
Steeped in history and grandeur, this exceptional lateral residence, arranged principally over the ground and first floors, is one of the finest on the Hyde Park Estate has not been seen on the market for over 40 years.
The apartment boasts stunning original period features throughout including its 4.2m and 4.6m high ceilings, ornate fireplaces and detailed cornicing.
The two grand reception rooms on the upper ground floor feature a total of six floor to ceiling windows along the width of the building’s façade, leading out onto the large and open double terrace with direct access to the Communal Gardens, offering wonderful natural light and south facing views over the beautiful greenery of Hyde Park Gardens.
The upper ground floor also includes a family kitchen / breakfast room, which has been fully integrated, and a separate professional kitchen. There is also a lift to all floors of the property.
The magnificent principal bedroom suite is situated on the first floor and boasts the grandest of proportions, a dressing room and bathroom with a wealth of period features including cornice detailing, panelling, an ornate fireplace, ceiling heights in excess of 4.5m and three large French doors with floor to ceiling windows opening onto a long south facing balcony. Connected to the bedroom is also the principal bedroom’s sitting room which benefits from its own separate balcony.
Across the first and second floors accessed by the impressive staircase or lift, the property comprises up to eight double bedrooms, four with en suites, and two more additional bathrooms with a further study / bedroom suite
The lower ground floor offers the possibility to create a spa, gym, home cinema or leisure facilities together with staff accommodation.
This rare apartment boasts 10,283 Sq Ft of remarkable living and entertaining space with beautifully preserved original period features, very generous room proportions, excellent storage space, a wealth of natural light and impressive outdoor entertaining space on the large double terrace overlooking the gardens. Residents will also benefit from direct access to the stunning and well-manicured private communal gardens.
- Hyde Park Gardens is an impressive terrace of grand, stucco fronted town houses dating back to 1836, designed by architect John Crake. The main façade faces south, overlooking landscaped gardens and Hyde Park.
- Hyde Park Gardens is one of London’s premier addresses, offering a quiet haven, excellently situated close to the green expanses of Hyde Park. The property is located in the heart of Connaught Village, which offers a wonderful selection of restaurants and boutique shops, as well as the world class amenities of neighbouring Mayfair and Marylebone.
- The transport links are excellent from nearby Lancaster Gate underground, (approximately 0.2 miles), Paddington underground (approximately 0.3 miles), London Paddington train station (approximately 0.3 miles).
- Lease: Share of freehold expiry September 3014
- Ground Rent: 0
- Service Charge: £17,689
- Reserve fund – £13,740pa Total – £31,429pa
- EPC Rating: D
- Tenure: Share of Freehold. Lease Expiry: 28/09/3014 (991 years remaining)
- Service Charge: £17,689.00pa
- Ground Rent: TBC
- Council Tax Band: I