About this property
Highgrounds was completed in 2011 and is a fine modern country house built and designed to the highest standard. The accommodation is arranged over three floors and has been meticulously planned to create a practical but relaxing living space with a great sense of flow throughout.
Highgrounds offers a wonderful living space with a number of good-sized reception rooms on both the ground floor and basement level, including the magnificent central sitting room, with an impressive vaulted ceiling, byfold doors to the terrace and beautiful views across the valley. There is easy access to each floor via a lift and has been designed to suit a variety of potential purchasers.
The house is a great home for entertaining, entered via a porch into the reception hall. The ground floor includes the open plan living kitchen with a central island and electric Aga, the impressive principal bedroom suite with a dressing area and en suite bathroom along with two further guest suites. On the first floor is a sitting room with a glass floor, a prep kitchen and three further bedrooms, two with en suite bathrooms and ample storage space.
There is a large family/ cinema room in the basement as well as a kitchen, wine cellar, two store rooms and a plant room. The spacious garage can also be accessed via the basement.
Highgrounds is approached via a drive through electric timber gates, the drive rises up to the side of the house with a spur leading down to the extensive garaging in the basement of the property. There is beautiful, manicured box topiary circling the house and terracing to enjoy the garden and views.
The majority of the gardens have been designed to be low maintenance with lawns making up the formal gardens. The additional land is situated below the house, on the other side of the lane. The land is currently used for livestock grazing and extends to about 22 acres.
- Highgrounds is situated on the edge of the popular town of Marlow on the River Thames in Buckinghamshire. The setting of Highgrounds is magnificent, positioned in an elevated position with country views across the Thames Valley yet within walking distance to Marlow town.
- Highgrounds is only 1 mile from Marlow and 7.7 miles from Henley-on-Thames, both of which have comprehensive leisure facilities including restaurants, boutique shops, supermarkets and coffee shops, as well as other extensive amenities. Marlow and Henley-on-Thames have train stations to London Paddington via Maidenhead and Twyford respectively. Access via the M40 and M4 to the national motorway network London Heathrow and Northolt Private Airport is an average drive time of 35 minutes.
- There is an excellent selection of independent schools in the area including Godstowe Preparatory, Lambrook School, Wycombe Abbey, Wellington College, Eton and Queen Anne’s School as well as local nurseries, primary, secondary and grammar schools.
- Boating may be enjoyed on the River Thames at a number of fine rowing clubs with marina facilities at Harleyford, Mill End and Wargrave. Racing may be enjoyed nearby at Ascot, Windsor, Newbury and Kempton. There are some fine golf courses in the area including Harleyford, Henley-on-Thames, Temple, Huntercombe, Winter Hill, Wentworth and Sunningdale.
- Mains electricity services connected. Private bore hole water source. Private drainage. Ground source heat pump.
Garden statuary, appliances and other removable fixtures and fittings are not included in the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.
- The property is offered subject to and with the benefit of all rights of way either public or private, all easements, wayleaves and other rights or way whether they are specifically referred to or not.
- Council Tax = Band H
- Directions: From Marlow town centre, proceed towards Henley on West Street (A4155) and continue for just under one mile. Turn left onto Harleyford Lane and the driveway to the property will be found on your right hand side after about 300 yards.
- EPC Rating: E
- Tenure: Freehold
- Council Tax Band: H