About this property
Kohler Co, owners of The Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort and Spa, bought Hamilton Grand in 2010 and carried out a painstaking renovation. The building was stripped back to its outer shell and rebuilt, with an additional floor being added. They have restored this great building to luxurious grandeur, creating 27 unique and desirable private residences. Hamilton Grand comprises 27 homes of distinction two, three and four bedroom apartments ranging in size from 1,000 ft2 to 2,500 ft2 with a reception hall and concierge, a private lounge for residents and a sensational roof terrace. The views from this roof terrace, over the Royal and Ancient Golf Club and the Old Course and over the West Sands and out to sea, are beyond comparison.
Apartment 26 is a two bedroom apartment facing the town of St Andrews. Both double bedrooms have en suite shower rooms and there is a further cloakroom/WC. There is an open plan kitchen/dining/sitting room.
- Services: Mains water, drainage gas and electricity.
- Local Authority & tax band: Fife council tax band H
- Fixtures & fittings: The furniture is not included within the price and may be available by separate negotiation.
- Planning: The Scores Hotel have submitted a planning application for an extension to the rear of the hotel.
- Photos taken in October 2021
- The Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort and Spa
- Hamilton Grand Residents can enjoy the range of dining opportunities at The Old Course Hotel: The Road Hole Restaurant, rated three AA rosettes, Swilcan Loft, The Road Hole Bar, with its selection of over 200 whiskies, and the Jigger Inn. The award wining hospitality that is customary at The Old Course Hotel including butler service, valet parking, a golf concierge, private chefs and full housekeeping services is available to all residents. Residents will benefit from a personal membership for two people at Kohler Waters Spa with access to a full-service fitness centre, 13 luxuriously appointed treatment rooms, 20-metre swimming pool, a fabulous thermal suite including steam room, sauna, a cool plunge pool and a pool with massage sprays. Located at The Old Course Hotel, the spa utilises the healing properties of the earth’s natural, mineral-rich waters and herbal lotions.
- Golf: Many people from around the world visit St. Andrews. For some it is the trip of a lifetime; for others it is an annual pilgrimage to their spiritual Home of Golf. This is where the world’s most famous golf course was created and was the home of Old Tom Morris, the first golf professional. The historic town is home to 11 courses in total seven of championship calibre and a world class golf academy. The first tees of The Old, New and Jubilee courses are within a short walk of Hamilton Grand. In addition, a clutch of world famous courses, such as Kingsbarns, Gleneagles, Carnoustie and Muirfield, can be played on a day trip from St Andrews. Golf Membership of The Duke’s Course a championship parkland course in the hills above St Andrews which is owned by The Old Course Hotel – is available to residents for an additional fee.
- St. Andrews: St. Andrews is one of Scotland’s most ancient towns, dating back to the 12th century. It is a seaside resort, the birthplace of golf and home to Scotland’s oldest and one of the world’s finest universities. It is a town steeped in history and tradition whilst offering an exhilarating and uniquely Scottish adventure. St. Andrews is an inspiring backdrop for a diverse range of experience for all ages. Uncover historic nooks and ancient crannies. Spot seals from the sand dunes. Swim, ride horseback or fly a kite on the West Sands. Go shopping in the local street boutiques. Try some traditional country pursuits hunting, shooting, off-road driving, falconry or archery. Fish for salmon in the River Tay or tend a lobster pot capped with a wee dram.
- Travel Connections: Edinburgh, Scotland’s capital city with its international airport, is 55 miles drive from St. Andrews. Dundee airport, just 15 miles north of St. Andrews, offers flights to London City. Leuchars Railway Station, with excellent access throughout the UK, is just 6 miles away.
- EPC Rating = B
- Tenure = Freehold