About this property
Harmony Lodge is nestled in beautiful walled gardens of just over 1.5 acres. It sits in an elevated position within the mature grounds, offering remarkable privacy and peacefulness.
The south facing house is a beautifully proportioned stone built Georgian property, sympathetically extended in Victorian times to provide exceptionally bright and spacious rooms. The property offers superb living and reception space on the ground floor with original period features in the elegant drawing room, sitting room and dining room. The views across the city to the Pentland hills from the top floor are spectacular, including from the Master bedroom, which comes with an en suite and ample wardrobe space. There are 3 further generously sized bedrooms, a single bedroom and two bathrooms, making it an exceptional family home. The house also benefits from an extensive 3 room cellar which provides excellent wine storage.
The property has impressive wrought iron gates on Ellersly Road and a private one bedroom Gate Lodge is tucked behind the high stone wall at the entrance. The house is approached up a sweeping driveway bordered by mature rhododendrons and also leads to a detached Coach House garage with a large forecourt.
The terrace in front of the house has a stone staircase leading to a generous lawn surrounded by beautiful shrubs and hydrangeas. The whole property is afforded a huge amount of privacy by a number of large trees at the foot of the lawn and mature amenity woodland to either side of the garden.
To the rear there is a further generous lawn with a wonderful productive apple and pear tree orchard.
The Gate Lodge has been successfully let for many years and has a sitting room with a small kitchen, a double bedroom and a bathroom. It also benefits from a private back garden.
Harmony Lodge also has an annexe, The Studio, with its own front door at the side of the rear courtyard. This super one bedroom apartment would be perfect accommodation for visiting family, friends or a live in nanny.
- The house is on Ellersly Road in the much sought after suburb of Murrayfield.
- This beautiful Conservation Area is positioned close to the west end of the city centre, Haymarket Station and The Haymarket development.
- It is particularly popular with families, being close to Fettes College, St George’s School for Girls, Erskine Stewart’s Melville Schools and The Edinburgh Academy.
- The excellent amenities close by include Edinburgh Zoo, Murrayfield rugby stadium, picturesque walks up Corstorphine Hill and two superb golf courses.
- Listing – The property is not listed but lies within the West Murrayfield Conservation Area.
- Fixtures and Fittings – To be confirmed.
- EPC Rating = E
- Tenure = Freehold