About this property
Chelsea Waterfront, London’s most prestigious riverside address. With a master plan designed by internationally renowned architect Sir Terry Farrell and 600 metres of river frontage, the 11.3 acre hectare site takes in the imposing former Lots Road Power Station, which with its twin chimneys, stands as one of Chelsea’s most well-known and best loved landmark buildings.
- Chelsea Waterfront is the last remaining significant river fronting site on the north bank of the Thames between Chelsea and the city. When complete, the scheme will comprise ten buildings in total including two stand-out towers either side of Chelsea Creek and will be the first development of this scale on London’s north bank, in Chelsea, for 100 years. Apartments from these will have wide reaching views taking in a stretch of river that extends from Chelsea in the West to Canary Wharf in the East.
- The iconic Metropolitan Building will be converted and refurbished into 193 luxury private apartments.
- Retail units including a signature waterside restaurant, cafes and stylish shops will line an imposing 100m long mall which will run the length of the power station’s ground floor.
- Three new bridges spanning Chelsea Creek will link the power station to water gardens designed by one of Britain’s leading landscape architects, Randle Siddeley Associates.
- Tenure = Leasehold (971 years remaining)