About this property
1a Brae Park Lodge is a generously sized family home, set over three floors in a peaceful location in Barnton. The property was designed and built in 2008 on the lands of Brae Head, which were originally gifted by King James V.
The property is gated and benefits from a long private driveway leading up to a triple garage. Set within 0.8 acres, the house is surrounded by mature trees and landscaped gardens.
The accommodation is laid out over three floors. On the ground floor there is a stylish and light entrance hall leading through double doors to a double height kitchen/dining room. This room enjoys direct access to the south/west facing garden and benefits from an additional snug/tv area and separate utility room. There are two home office spaces on the ground floor, both with wonderful leafy outlooks. These rooms can be used as additional bedrooms or public rooms.
The living room is situated to the rear of the ground floor and benefits from access to a private balcony overlooking the rear lawn. This room has a contemporary wood burning fire and is a great space for entertaining or relaxing in the evening. In addition, the ground floor has a wc cloakroom and numerous storage options.
A bespoke floating staircase, with glass surround, leads to the first floor in spectacular fashion. There are four double bedrooms, all with built in storage cupboards, on this level. Two of the bedrooms are ensuite and there is a separate, large family bathroom. A laundry chute leading directly to the utility has been cleverly added to one of the storage cupboards.
The principal bedroom suite enjoys an abundance of storage in the walk in wardrobe. There is a large ensuite bathroom with good sized bath, separate shower, WC and sink with demisting mirrored storage. All the bathrooms have heated towel rails and underfloor heating.
On the lower level there is a generously sized games room/gymnasium which has direct access to the garaging and gardens. This room is ideal for additional accommodation away from the main house and could serve a number of uses.
Also on this level is a large utility/storage room and integrated garage access.
- Situated in the popular residential area of Barnton, Brae Park Lodge is quietly tucked away on a private leafy road.
- The property lies on the number 1 cycle route, which connects Edinburgh with South Queensferry and the Dalmeny estate. There are numerous, picturesque, cycling and walking routes nearby, including the River Almond walkway which runs through the Cammo estate. There is a wide array of wildlife and nature on the doorstep which can be enjoyed all year round.
- The area, which lies just 4.5 miles to the west of the city centre, is renowned for family living and offers excellent access to the airport, the Edinburgh bypass, the Forth Road Bridge and the Central Scotland motorway network.
- Cargilfield School is situated just a few minutes walk away, whilst Fettes College, St Georges School, The Mary Erskine School and Stewart’s Melville College are amongst the schools within easy reach by car.
- There are excellent local amenities and leisure facilities, including both Royal Burgess and Bruntsfield golf courses.
- Nearby Cramond offers water leisure activities and far reaching views over the Firth of Forth.