About this property
41a Banks Road is more than just a house; it’s a lifestyle. The property itself was built in 2019 by award winning MRD Architecture Ltd who have meticulously advised on every aspect of the build and design. Built as a ‘forever’ home for the current occupants, no expense was spared in creating innovative features best suited to the beachfront location and informing the aesthetics of the interior finishes. The true genius of the design is in the way this exceptional location is celebrated at every turn. Large scale wraparound glazing frames stunning sea, harbour views and sunsets whilst maintaining privacy. The floorplan is designed to ensure no sunrise or sunset goes unappreciated. An extensive terrace along the back of the main living floor overlooks and gives access to a quiet stretch of the famous Sandbanks Beach. A further roof terrace ‘lookout’ gives you an incredible bird’s eye view of the stunning surroundings whilst offering total privacy when sunbathing or having friends and family round.
Some of the genius touches include the hand laid Purbeck stone work to the exterior-including to the terrace walls to ensure and maximise privacy – timber floors, the large format tiling, the boardmark concrete modern walls to the cylindrical stair around the glazed hydraulic lift, and a huge feature stone fireplace.
Upon entering the property, you are greeted with the double height entrance hall and stylish cylindrical lift. The main reception room enjoys stunning 180 degree views and comprises the kitchen, dining area, sitting area and separate comfy snug. The dual aspect view from every room is quite sensational and ensures beautiful natural light fills the home at any time of the day. The kitchen is fully fitted, and hand crafted with Miele and Gaggenau appliances, induction hobs, a full height ‘secret’ openup bar and integrated full height wine fridge. The adjacent snug is the perfect addition to this floor allowing a separate but inclusive cosy space to wind down and catch up with your favourite shows. Floor to ceiling glass sliding doors open to a rear terrace spanning the full width of the property allowing the outside in and providing uninterrupted views out to sea. A gate from the terrace gives you private and direct access to a quiet stretch (being quite far from the nearest car parks) of the glorious Sandbanks Beach.
The lower ground floor is zoned into a spacious games/sports room perfect for the table tennis, pool and table football. It boasts its own luxurious cinema space. There is a fully equipped gym, with a hidden TV and air cooling, a large utility room including an extra fridge/ freezer and another full height wine fridge, WC/shower and two integral garages offering secure parking and off street parking on the driveway. There is also significant stylish storage throughout.
The first floor offers four very generous bedrooms all of which benefit from fabulous views over the sea or harbour and built in storage. Two of the bedrooms boast ensuite facilities, while the remaining two bedrooms share a beautifully appointed family bathroom with rainfall shower. One bedroom is currently utilised as a study where you can see both sea and harbour from your desk: a delightful distraction whilst working from home!
The principal bedroom suite located on the second floor is truly exceptional. The accommodation comprises a palatial bedroom overlooking the beach, a drop down TV, two separate dressing rooms, two ensuite bathrooms (one with a huge bath overlooking the sea), and a cosy lounge area with bar facilities; a romantic spot to enjoy a nightcap gazing at sunset views over the harbour. The principal bedroom also features a wraparound terrace accessed from the bedroom and sitting room area to offer views of both the beach and the harbour.
The property has multiple entrances. This affords flexibility to come off the beach down to the shower without going through the house-great for guests. The side entrance is perfect for staff to access. There is also wheelchair access through the garages and to the lift.
The top floor of the property is a real jewel with an enclosed glass watch tower and roof terrace with a breath-taking outlook over this unique piece of coastline. With 360 degree wrap around views, the east facing panorama captures morning sunrises across the award winning sandy beaches and to the west, the inspirational sunsets across the glistening waters of Poole harbour.
A magical place to spend summer evenings with friends enjoying drinks around the firepit, or watching the annual Airshow literally fly overhead. As you would expect the property has an AV system, comfort cooling, controlled lighting, hi-speed wifi and is alarmed.
- Sandbanks is regarded as one of the most exclusive coastal areas in the UK and is renowned for its award-winning golden beaches and for being set on the second largest natural harbour in the world. These waters are famous for year-round sports including windsurfing, water skiing, jet skiing, kite surfing, paddle boarding, sailing and swimming and are also home to several marinas and yacht clubs including Sandbanks, Parkstone, Salterns and the prestigious Royal Motor Yacht Club.
- If you’re not on (or in!) the water it’s a gorgeous backdrop for walking, jogging or cycling too; the route through Sandbanks and across to Studland and the Isle of Purbeck is a particular favourite for local cyclists.
- The local area is a haven for nature lovers and there are many events in the area that allow you to experience the richness of wildlife in Poole and Dorset. There are bespoke bird-watching cruises and nature trails to enjoy. A trip by ferry to the National Trust gem of Brownsea Island is a delight.
- Championship golf is available at Parkstone Golf Course and other local highly regarded clubs at Ferndown and Broadstone and further afield at Remedy Oak. The tennis community is strong locally at the The East Dorset Tennis & Croquet Club and The West Hants Tennis Club.
- The seaside location is wonderful for families with so much to do for children of all ages from building sandcastles and paddling in the sea, to clubs for learning to surf, sail or kitesurf. There are outstanding local schools and prestigious Private School options within easy reach.
- The property is conveniently located for the small parade of shops, wine bars and restaurants along Banks Road, Sandbanks, including Rick Stein’s highly successful restaurant which is a favourite with locals and visitors alike. Further options for eating out can be found nearby in Lilliput and Canford Cliffs villages, and you’ll find fine dining in the New Forest at The Pig or the Chewton Glen hotel & Spa, The Nici in Bournemouth and the Pig on the Beach at Studland. From your waterside home you can walk via the ferry to Shell Bay in Studland, or by boat to lunch at The Priory in Wareham, The Captains Club in Christchurch or even to gain a taste of Ibiza at The Hut on the Isle of Wight!
- Arts are an important aspect of Poole’s creativity and heritage; the area has a strong and developing arts scene. The Lighthouse, which is Poole’s Centre for the Arts is the largest regional centre in the UK and home to the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra.
- Last but not least: a Premier League football Club is just 20 minutes drive away and affords a very stress free way of watching some of the World’s best footballers on your doorstep.
- Commuting to London is very convenient with main line stations at Bournemouth and Poole offering regular services reaching London Waterloo within 2 hours. Step on to Sandbanks Beach, Walk to The Royal Motor Club and Sandbanks Yacht Club.
- Mains Water
- Mains Electricity
- Mains Gas
- Mains Drainage
- EPC Rating: B
- Tenure: Freehold
- Council Tax Band: G